St Hugh's School has the following apprentice teaching assistant post and two casual teaching and supervisory assistant posts currently available for application (see below):
Apprentice Teaching Assistant
National Apprentice Rates
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week – Non term time.
St Hugh’s School, Bushfield Road, Scunthorpe, DN16 1NB
Tel: 01724 842960
The school is currently looking to employ an enthusiastic and professional apprentice teaching assistant to work across the school under the direction of experienced teachers and teaching assistants.
Duties will include:
- Assisting pupils with personal self-care.
- Assisting with general administration and supporting classroom management, including making learning materials.
- Assisting in the supervision of pupils at play/leisure breaks and at times of transition between lessons and activities.
- Helping to promote pupil good behaviour and discipline through positive interactions with the pupils and participating fully in strategies agreed as part of any pupil’s individual behaviour plan, including physical interventions.
- Helping to implement physical development activities and mobility activities, using mechanical hoists when necessary, and following recognised procedures.
- Sharing with the teacher and other colleagues issues of concern and positive feedback about the pupil’s welfare and achievements.
- Under close direction of the teacher or other members of staff participation in delivery of learning activities.
- Administering medication following clearly defined LA/school procedures and follows basic first aid procedures as necessary.
- Implementing speech and language development activities.
- Helping individual pupils or groups of pupils to access the differentiated curriculum, including assisting with the planning and evaluation of learning activities.
- Contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of personal action plans and individual behaviour plans that are devised by the teacher.
- Enabling pupils on inclusion programmes to access the differentiated curriculum in the main body of the school or complex need classes including adult services. In school and offsite.
- Supervising pupils in planned activities in accordance with instructions/directions.
- Supervising pupils in small group or one to one learning activities in school away from the main teaching area.
Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The full version of our Recruitment of ex offenders and Disclosure and Barring Service procedure can be accessed from our website at www.northlincs.gov.uk/jobsandcareers
Please apply for this job online at: www.northlincs.gov.uk/jobsandcareers where you can also find the job description and employee specification.
Please return completed hard copy application forms to the school, address above, for the attention of Mrs Amanda Antrobus.
Closing Date: Friday 14th June 2019
Download application information by clicking on the links below:
Welcome from the Headteacher
Welcome to St Hugh’s School which is a special school for students between the ages of 11 and 19 years who have a range of learning difficulties, including moderate and severe learning difficulties, autism spectrum disorders, profound and complex needs.
The school is rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted and is a National Teaching School, leading an alliance of over one hundred partner and associate schools and educational providers.
If you would like to arrange to visit our school or request a meeting with a member of staff, please contact the school office.
Tracy Millard (Headteacher)
Information for applicants
St Hugh's School has the following posts available for application:
Casual Posts Available:
|Job Title||Apply By||Contact||Download|
Casual Teaching Assistant
Casual Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant
The application form for employment can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
Page updated: 21 May 2019