Career and labour market information (LMI) includes information on:
- career pathways and progression routes
- applications and interviews
- educational institutions, courses, qualifications, entry requirements and costs
- skills and occupations
- professional bodies
- employment sectors, employers, jobs, salaries and employment trends
- job programmes, training and apprenticeships
- job demands and working life
- financial planning
Being able to understand career pathways and future possibilities is vital for all students, especially those with special educational needs and disabilities. Providing access to relevant careers information can help you to determine your work preferences, skills, options and choices to build a culture of high expectation and connect you to a successful future.
Useful tips for students
- Study job vacancies, look for common 'transferable skills'. Do you have these skills? If not how can you gain them?
- Find out about the companies opening and closing in your area.
LMI can be gathered in many ways. Talk to your parents, grandparents or carers about their working experiences. Speak to teachers and school staff. Watch the news and read local newspapers.
The latest Labour Market Information (January 2020) for our Local Area and for the UK generally can be seen below:
C&K Careers Online - lots of information on employment, education, apprenticeships, training and more.
iCould - Free access to Labour Market Information.
Labour Market Information by Region - July to September 2019
Labour Market Information by Region - January to March 2020
Shape Your Future - Humber - a booklet that displays the labour market information for the Humber region including details about a number of different Industry Areas
Page updated: 23 April 2020