Keep informed and up-to-date in relation to COVID-19 documents and communications:
- IMPORTANT NOTICE! Coronavirus - COVID-19 (updated 18.12.20)
- COVID-19 Welfare Advice for Students (April 2020)
- COVID-19 Welfare Advice for Parents and Carers (April 2020)
- COVID-19 Safeguarding Policy (March 2020)
- COVID-19 Complaints Procedure: Guidance for Schools (9.4.20)
- COVID-19 Resources-EEF Support Guide for Schools (22.6.20)
- COVID-19 Advice for Parents and Carers: Keeping Children Safe from Abuse and Harm (25.6.20)
- COVID-19 Guidance for the full opening of schools from September 2020 (2.7.20)
- COVID-19 Guidance for the full opening of special schools from September 2020 (2.7.20)
- Keep Safe and See You Soon - Video (May 2020)
- COVID-19: Letter - Guidance for Parents & Carers (22.9.20)
- Parent-Carer COVID-19 View Questionnaire (8.10.20)
- School Update (15.10.20)
- Track and Trace Support (15.10.20)
- Important Advice for Schools (22.10.20)
- Letter from Headteacher (2.11.20)
- School Update - Public Health Guidance (4.11.20)
- Tier 3: Letter from the Headteacher (26.11.20)
- School Update: Letter from the Headteacher (9.12.20)
- End of Term Letter from the Headteacher (16.12.20)
CORONAVIRUS: Important information and messages from the Headteacher. First published: 13.3.20. Latest update: 18.12.20.
IMPORTANT NOTICE! Coronavirus: COVID-19
Latest update: Friday 18 December 2020
Download the letter from the Headteacher (9.12.20)
Read the letter from the Headteacher (26.11.20)
Read public health guidance (4.11.20)
Read the letter from the Headteacher (2.11.20)
I am writing to confirm the school's position as a result of growing public concern in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The school is now open for all pupils As the advice changes from the Government this may change and further information will be given.
For anyone looking for information about the symptoms of the virus and how to prevent the spread of the infection please refer to:
All necessary measures are being taken in school to protect learners and staff at this time. I am requesting that anyone with a temperature or a new persistent cough does not attend school to minimise the risk of infection. If anyone requires further information please contact the school 01724 842960.
School Office Hours
The school office will be open from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm (Monday to Friday) until further notice (arrangements in place since Friday 7 September 2020).
Important Advice for Schools
Coronavirus (COVID-19) related documents and links
St Hugh's School COVID-19 Safeguarding Policy (March 2020)
School Complaints Procedures: Guidance for Schools (updated 9.4.20)
This guidance for local-authority-maintained schools is about setting up or reviewing complaints procedures has been updated with information to the best practice guidance about handling complaints during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Any student who has had an episode of sickness and diarrhoea must stay out of school for a period of at least 48 hours from the day on which the illness ended. Parents / carers have responsibility to keep transport updated.
Where a student is required to take medicine or tablets, school staff will give the medication at the appropriate time following our medicine in schools policy.
Parents are requested to complete a medication form as soon as possible once it is known that medicine or tablets are required to be administered in school. The form is available on request from the school office.
Thank you for your continued support.
Page updated: 18 December 2020