Read key extracts of the letter from the headteacher to parents and carers which was sent home at the beginning of term as well as the October update letter.
We look forward to working within our school community over the next academic year.
- School lunches are £2.40 per day (£12 per week)
- Social fund is £1.00 per week
During this half term students in Years 8 to 14 will be bringing home a student information pack for parents/carers to update. Please complete and return this to school as soon as possible.
Remember our Healthy Lunch Box policy: chocolates and sweets do not form part of a "healthy lunch".
Students will not be asked to wear face masks whilst in school based on the following mitigating circumstances:
- As a special school, with limited numbers and with protective measures in place we have a lower risk of transmission in communal areas compared to mainstream secondary schools.
- Learners will be asked to remove face masks before entering the school.
- Safe wearing of face coverings requires cleaning before and after touching and safe storage between uses.
With these points in mind, we are unable to implement and oversee the safe wearing of masks during the school.
Strict procedures will be implemented once face masks have been removed after disembarking school transport.
The following safety procedures are currently in place in school:
- adaptions of classrooms have been made to classrooms to support social distancing where at all possible
- students will remain within bubbles and staff movement will be restricted within these bubbles
- large gatherings, such as assemblies, will take place virtually whilst students remain their bubbles
- staff movement around the school will be timetabled and limited with a strict one-way system and 2 metre distancing clearly marked through the school
- breaks and lunchtimes will be staggered.
Students who are not attending school on a full-time basis are expected to complete all work set when they are not in school.
Communications to the school from parents and carers should be e-mailed to the school's administrative e-mail address:
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Our main aim in school is to ensure that everyone is kept as safe as possible within our school community.
Page published: 7 September 2020 - updated on 15 October 2020