For a printable version of the information on this website, please contact Mrs Millard, the Headteacher, in the first instance. Information is provided free of charge to parents and carers. Printable versions of individual documents published on this website are also available on request. Keep Informed:
- IMPORTANT NOTICE! Coronavirus - COVID-19 (updated 29.6.20)
- COVID-19 Welfare Advice for Students (April 2020)
- COVID-19 Welfare Advice for Parents and Carers (April 2020)
- COVID-19 Safeguarding Policy (March 2020)
- COVID-19 Complaints Procedure: Guidance for Schools (9.4.20)
- COVID-19 Resources-EEF Support Guide for Schools (22.6.20)
- COVID-19 Advice for Parents and Carers: Keeping Children Safe from Abuse and Harm (25.6.20)
- COVID-19 Guidance for the full opening of schools from September 2020 (2.7.20) - NEW ADVICE
- COVID-19 Guidance for the full opening of special schools from September 2020 (2.7.20) - NEW ADVICE
- Keep Safe and See You Soon - Video (May 2020)
School Office Hours (COVID-19)
From 8.00 am to 4.15 pm (Monday to Friday) until further notice.
- Cleaner Vacancies - APPLY NOW!
- Casual Post: Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant (Level 1)
- Casual Post: Teaching Assistant (Level 1)
- Annual Governance Statement
- Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance (CEIAG)
- Communications to Parents/Carers
- FOSH After School Club
- Letters to Parents/Carers
- Local SEND Offer & Annual SEND Report
- Lunchtime Clubs for Students
- Ofsted Inspection Report
- Parent-Carer Feedback
- Parent Partnership Policies
- Post 16 Education at Broughton
- Previous News Stories
- Privacy Notice
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium Spend
- Safeguarding & Facebook
- School Magazine - Summer 2020 - NEW!
- School Policies & Plans
- School Prospectus - UPDATED for 2020-21
- School Year Dates - UPDATED for 2020-21
- Transition Information for New Students - UPDATED for 2020-21
- Year 7 Catch-Up Grant Summary
Ofsted Parent View
IMPORTANT NOTICE! Coronavirus: COVID-19
March 2020 (updated Friday 3 July 2020)
I am writing to confirm the school's position as a result of growing public concern in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The school remains open at this time for the children of key workers, for identified and vulnerable learners as well as for members of staff. In addition we have offered wider opening using government guidance. This has been limited due to the size of the school. As the advice changes from the Government this may change and further information will be given.
For anyone looking for information about the symptoms of the virus and how to prevent the spread of the infection please refer to:
All necessary measures are being taken in school to protect learners and staff at this time. I am requesting that anyone with a temperature or a new persistent cough does not attend school to minimise the risk of infection. If anyone requires further information please contact the school 01724 842960.
Free School Meals
If your child would usually receive free school meals, we are pleased to inform you that the Local Authority is providing a doorstep food parcel service every Thursday. A food parcel will be delivered to your home address.
Revised School Office Hours
The school office will be open from 8.00 am to 4.15 pm (Monday to Friday) until further notice (arrangements in place since Monday 23 March 2020).
Coronavirus (COVID-19) related documents and links
St Hugh's School COVID-19 Safeguarding Policy (March 2020)
School Complaints Procedures: Guidance for Schools (updated 9.4.20)
COVID-19 Guidance for the full opening of schools from September 2020 (2.7.20) - NEW ADVICE
COVID-19 Guidance for the full opening of special schools from September 2020 (2.7.20) - NEW ADVICE
This guidance for local-authority-maintained schools is about setting up or reviewing complaints procedures has been updated with information to the best practice guidance about handling complaints during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Any student who has had an episode of sickness and diarrhoea must stay out of school for a period of at least 48 hours from the day on which the illness ended. Parents / carers have responsibility to keep transport updated.
Where a student is required to take medicine or tablets, school staff will give the medication at the appropriate time following our medicine in schools policy.
Parents are requested to complete a medication form as soon as possible once it is known that medicine or tablets are required to be administered in school. The form is available on request from the school office.
Annual Governance Statement
Read the Annual Governance Statement for St Hugh's School here
Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance
Visit the new Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance (CEIAG) pages on this website with information for parents, students and employers.
Read the current curriculum overviews. Visit the Curriculum page or use the links below:
Key Stage 5 Curriculum (Post 16)
FOSH After School Club
The FOSH After School Club meets every Thursday during term-time from 3.40 pm to 5.00 pm. The club is open to all students at St Hugh's. Find out more by visiting the FOSH After School Club page.
Ofsted Inspection Report - September 2018
The school was inspected most recently in September 2018 and received another "Outstanding" judgement. You can read the inspection report here.
Parent & Carer Feedback
If you are a parent or carer, I would be delighted for you to complete the Parent View of this school by clicking on the image below, which will take you directly to the Parent View page on the Ofsted website.
Comments from parents and carers about the school sent to the Headteacher can be read here.
You can read our latest Privacy Notice (September 2019) here, which addresses the requirements of the latest General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR: (EU) 2016/679) and details how the School and the Local Authority use your information.
Promoting British Values
Read the full statement and policy document here.
Pupil Premium Spend
Read the full report and access past statements here.
Safeguarding & Facebook
Safeguarding & Facebook - Letter from the Headteacher
School Year 2020-21
Term and holiday dates for the next school year (September 2020 to August 2021) are as follows:
|Autumn Term (1)||Friday 4th September 2020||Friday 23 October 2020|
|Autumn Half Term Week (school closed)||Monday 26 October 2020||Friday 30 October 2020|
|Autumn Term (2)||Monday 2 November 2020||Thursday 17 December 2020|
|Christmas Break (school closed)||Friday 18 December 2020||Monday 4 January 2021|
|Spring Term (1)||Tuesday 5 January 2021||Friday 12 February 2021|
|Spring Half Term Week (school closed)||Monday 15 February 2020||Friday 19 February 2021|
|Spring Term (2)||Monday 22 February 2021||Wednesday 31 March 2021|
|Easter Break (school closed)||Monday 5 April 2021||Monday 19 April 2021|
|Summer Term (1)||Tuesday 20 April 2021||
Friday 28 May 2021
|Summer Half Term Week (school closed)||Monday 31 May 2021||Friday 4 June 2021|
|Summer Term (2)||Monday 7 June 2021||Thursday 22 July 2021|
The school will be closed for the May Day Bank Holiday on Monday 3 May 2021 and for the following staff training days:
Staff In-Service Training Days 2020-21
- Wednesday 2nd September 2020
- Thursday 3rd September 2020
- Monday 4th January 2021
- Monday 19th April 2021
Additional twilight training sessions (3 x 2 hours) equivalent to one more full training day will be arranged for staff during the year and will be published on this website in September 2020.
Read the Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) Local Offer from North Lincolnshire Council. Please click on the links above and below to read:
North Lincolnshire Local SEND Offer
Visit the website: http://www.northlincslocaloffer.com/
Read the Summer edition of our school magazine:
Read the Spring edition of our school magazine:
Read the Autumn edition of our school magazine:
You can read and downloaded the current school policies and plans from the School Policies & Plans page. The most recent update to this page was in May 2020 and included revised versions of:
- Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance (CEIAG)
- Equality & Diversity Policy & Action Plan
- Provider Access Statement
- Parent Friendly Policy Versions for:
- Child Protection & Safeguarding
- Home Study
Read and download the latest version the school prospectus.
Transition Information for New Students
The 2020 version of the Transition Booklet for new students can be accessed here.
St Hugh's Induction Programme (SHIP) documents
- SHIP mainstream document for parents/carers
- SHIP mainstream document to be returned to school
- SHIP PMLD/ASD document for parents/carers
- SHIP PMLD/ASD document to be returned to school
Year 7 Catch-Up Grant Summary Report
Current opportunities are posted in the Employment Opportunities section of this website where you can also download the relevant job description and application form.
These positions are open for application:
- Cleaner vacancies - APPLY NOW!
- Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant (Level 1 - Casual Post)
- Teaching Assistant (Level 1 - Casual Post)
Page updated: 25 July 2020