Visual Toolkit

Font Size



Line Height





Magnifying Glass




Font Family

Font Family - Open Sans

Open Sans

Font Family - Montserrat


Font Family - Roboto


Visual Toolkit



By law the secondary transfer process is different for children with Statement of Special Educational Need (SSEN) or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) whether in a mainstream school or special school. Places are allocated by the Local Education Authority on a case-by-case basis.

If you are unable to attend a school open day or speak to someone at school about their specialist SEN resource provision, a separate meeting can be arranged with the school. Please contact the headteacher.

Further information is available from North Lincolnshire Council about applying for school places, current year admissions and school transport arrangements.

Specialist Support and Schools

Most children with Statement of Special Educational Need or Education Health Care Plans can be supported.

However some children identified with particularly complex special education needs and/or disabilities may have their needs met through either specialist support in a mainstream school (resource provision) or attending a special school.

Help with Transition and SEN Information

The North Lincolnshire Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service (commonly known as SENDIASS) can be contacted through their website.

This service can support and give advice regarding many educational aspects including admissions and transition. They are also supportive if a parent wishes to challenge a placement decision and proceed to a tribunal.

If a placement decision is made that a parent is unhappy about then the parent/carer has the right of appeal through the appeal process of the Local Authority.

Please contact SENDIASS for further information